Strawberry pancakes are my sons favorite, as here its summer in australia strawberries are in season.
These pancakes are very simple and good for sunday brunch and yummy aswell.
so here is the recipe.
1) Plain flour/Maida/All purpose Flour 1 cup
2) Sugar 1 teaspoon
3) Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
4) Cinnamon powder 1/4 teaspoon
5) Salt 2 pinches
6) Milk 1 cup
7) Vegetable oil 1 table spoon
8) Butter 2 table spoons
9) Water 1 table spoon
10) Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
11) Strawberry Sauce 2 table spoons
12) Mapple syrup as needed
13) Strawberrys as needed ( I used one 200gm box as my kids loves strawberries and its best when served with lots of strawberries )
Method for making Strawberry Sauce:-
To make the strawberry Sauce take 2 table spoons of any strawberry jam,(I used ST. DALFOUR Strawberry jam.) to it add 2 table spoons of strawberry syrup (used for milkshakes) and give it a mix ,the strawberry sauce is ready. Or simply u can use strawberry essence and freshly crushed strawberries.
Method For Pancake batter:-
1) In a bowl mix together plain flour,sugar,baking powder and cinnamon powder.
2) To the milk add vegetable oil, vanilla extract,water and mix well.
3) Pour the milk mixture in to the flour mixture slowly and stirring continuously.
4) Mix it (Do not over mix, lumps are fine.), add the strawberry sauce and give it a quick mix .
5) Leave the mixture for 5 mints.
6) After 5 minutes melt the butter and pour it in to the batter.
7) Wash ,remove the stems from the strawberries and cut them in two halves, deep the strawberrys in mapple syrup so that strawberries get coated all over and look shiny.(Refer the picture)
8) When the griddle or pan is hot enough pour the 2 and half table spoons of batter on it, when the bottom side is brown turn over. Stack the pancakes in a plate, pour the mapple syrup over the pancakes and put the strawberry halves coated with Mapple syrup. Decorate by pouring the strawberry sauce all around the plate making a circle .The yummy fluffy pancakes are ready to it.